• Argyle Place, Preston Village

Argyle Place, Preston Village

The end of World War II heralded the start of the furious campaign to build local authority housing and Tynemouth County Borough joined the campaign. Argyle Place was one of the projects they undertook and, on the site of several old stone buildings, the first house was officially opened by the Chairman of the Housing Committee in April 1946. On the opposite side of the road can be seen a row of four cottages

23-26 Front Street